THPT Bình Chánh Official Forum
Bạn có phải hs trường Bình Chánh (´・ω・`)
Nếu có bạn hãy đăng kí để chúng tôi biết
và sẽ có nhiều quyền lợi hơn ^^ have fun !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bạn có phải hs trường Bình Chánh (´・ω・`)
Nếu có bạn hãy đăng kí để chúng tôi biết
và sẽ có nhiều quyền lợi hơn ^^ have fun !
Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.

Đề thi thử đại học năm 2011 môn Tiếng anh

Go down

Đề thi thử đại học năm 2011 môn Tiếng anh Empty Đề thi thử đại học năm 2011 môn Tiếng anh

Bài gửi  nguyendieungoan 2011-06-15, 17:31

Thời gian làm bài: 90 phút, không kể thời gian phát ñề

ðỀ THI GỒM 80 CÂU (TỪ QUESTION 1 ðẾN QUESTION 80)
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 1: Neil Armstrong was the first man ........... on the moon.
A. to walk B. walking C. walked D. has walked
Question 2: Our industrial output ............... from $2 million in 2002 to $4 million this year.
A. rises B. has risen C. was rising D. rose
Question 3: ........ Serbia defeated Germany surprised everyone.
A. Whether B. When C. Because D. That
Question 4: Even if you are rich, you should save some money for a ........... day.
A. windy B. rainy C. foggy D. snowy
Question 5: Laura had a blazing ........... with Eddie and stormed out of the house.
A. gossip B. chat C. word D. row
Question 6: All students should be .......... and literate when they leave school.
A. numerate B. numeric C. numeral D. numerous
Question 7: ......... broken several world records in swimming.
A. She is said that she has B. People say she had
C. She is said to have D. It is said to have
Question 8: Bill: “Can I get you another drink?” Jerry: “ ......... .”
A. Forget it B. No, it isn’t
C. No, I’ll think it over D. Not just now
Question 9: Liz: “Thanks for the nice gift you brought to us!” Jennifer: “ .......... ”
A. All right. Do you know how much it costs? B. Not at all. Don’t mention it.
C. Actually speaking, I myself don’t like it. D. Welcome! It’s very nice of you.
Question 10: She had to borrow her sister’s car because hers was .......... .
A. out of work B. out of order C. off work D. off chance
Question 11: Ben: “ .......... ”.
Jane: “Never mind.”
A. Congratulations! How wonderful!
B. Sorry for staining your carpet. Let me have it cleaned. C. Thank you for being honest with me.
D. Would you mind going to dinner next Sunday?
Question 12: “You can go to the party tonight ........... you are sober when you come home.”
A. as long as B. as well as C. as far as D. as soon as
Question 13: We ...........with a swim in the lake

A. gave in B. cooled off C. got out D. took up
Question 14: As the drug took ............ , the boy became quieter.
A. action B. influence C. effect D. force
Question 15: I’ve warned you many times..................the front door unlocked
A. not leaving B. won’t leave C. not to leave D. don’t leave
Question 16: “The inflation rate in Greece is five times ........... my country, “he said.
A. as high as that in B. as much as C. as many as that in D. more than
Question 17: Is it true that this country produces more oil than ........... ?

A. any another country B. any countries else
C. any other countries D. any country else
Question 18: Not having written about the required topic,........... a low mark.
A. the teacher gave me B. I was given
C. the teacher gave D. my presentation was given
Question 19: They’re staying with us .......... the time being until they can afford a house.
A. during B. for C. at D. in
Question 20: We have bought extra food ........... our guests stay to dinner.
A. so that B. when C. if D. in case
Question 21: The Internet has enabled people to ......... with each other more quickly.
A. interconnect B. interlink C. interact D. intervene
Question 22: Mr. Black: “I’d like to try on these shoes, please.” Salesgirl: “ ............. ”
A. By all means, sir. B. That’s right, sir. C. Why not? D. I’d love to.
Question 23: Margaret: “Could you open the window, please?”
Henry: “............ ”
A. I am, of course B. Yes, with pleasure C. I feel sorry D. Yes, I can
Question 24: ............ I might, I couldn’t open the door.
A. However har.d B. As try C. Try as D. No matter
Question 25: Martha, Julia and Mark are 17, 19 and 20 years old ............... .
A. independently B. separately C. respectively D. respectfully
Question 26: ............ he does sometimes annoys me very much.
A. What B. When C. How D. Why
Question 27: Since he failed his exam, he had to ............ for it again.
A. take B. sit C. make D. pass
Question 28: If everyone ......... , how would we control the traffic?
A. could fly B. can fly C. flies D. had flown
Question 29: The captain as well as all the passengers ........... very frightened by strange noise.
A. have been B. was C. is D. were
Question 30: It is imperative ........... what to do when there is a fire.
A. he must know about B. that everyone know
C. that he knew D. we knew

Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 31 to 40.
In the West, cartoons are used chiefly to make people laugh. The important feature of all these
cartoons is the joke and the element of surprise which is contained. Even though it is very funny, a good cartoon is always based on close observation of a particular feature of life and usually has a serious purpose.
Cartoons in the West have been associated with political and social matters for many years. In wartime, for example, they proved to be an excellent way of spreading propaganda. Nowadays cartoons are often used to make short, sharp comments on politics and governments as well as on a variety of social matters. In this way, the modern cartoon has become a very powerful force in influencing people in Europe and the United States.
Unlike most American and European cartoons, however, many Chinese cartoon drawings in the past have also attempted to educate people, especially those who could not read and write. Such cartoons about the lives and sayings of great men in China have proved extremely useful in bringing education to illiterate and semi-literate people throughout China. Confucius, Mencius and Laozi have all appeared in very interesting stories presented in the form of cartoons. The cartoons themselves have thus served to illustrate the teachings of the Chinese sages in a very attractive way.

In this sense, many Chinese cartoons are different from Western cartoons in so far as they do not depend chiefly on telling jokes. Often, there is nothing to laugh at when you see Chines cartoons. This is not their primary aim. In addition to commenting on serious political and social matters, Chinese cartoons have aimed at spreading the traditional Chinese thoughts and culture as widely as possible among the people.
Today, howerver, Chinese cartoons have an added part to play in spreading knowledge. They offer a very attractive and useful way of reaching people throughout the world, regardless of the particular country in which they live. Thus, through cartoons, the thoughts and teachings of the old Chinese philosophers and sages can now reach people who live in such countries as Britain, France, America, Japan, Malaysia or Australia and who are unfamiliar with the Chinese culture.
Until recently, the transfer of knowledge and culture has been overwhelmingly from the West to the East and not vice versa. By means of cartoons, however, publishing companies in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore are now having success in correcting this imbalance between the East and the West.
Cartoons can overcome language barriers in all foreign countries. The vast increase in the popularity of these cartoons serves to illustrate the truth of Confucius’s famous saying “One picture is worth a thousand words.”
Question 31: Which of the following clearly characterizes Western cartoons?
A. Originality, freshness, and astonishment. B. Humour, unexpectedness, and criticism.
C. Enjoyment, liveliness, and carefulness. D. Seriousness, propagande, and attractiveness.
Question 32: Chinese cartoons have been useful as an important means of .............. .
A. educating ordinary people B. spreading Western ideas
C. political propaganda in wartime D. amusing people all the time
Question 33: The major differences between Chinese cartoons and Western cartoons come from
their............... .
A.. purposes B. nationalities C. values D. styles
Question 34: The pronoun “this” in paragraph 4 mostly refers to ............ .
A. a propaganda campaign B. a piece of art
C. an educational purpose D. a funny element
Question 35: The passage is intended to present ........... .
A. a contrast between Western cartoons and Chinese cartoons
B. an opinion about how cartoons entertain people
C. a description of cartoons of all kinds the world over
D. an outline of Western cartoons and Chinese cartoons
Question 36: Which of the following could be the best title for the passage?
A. A Very Powerful Force in Influencing People
B. Cartoons as a Way of Educating People
C. Chinese Cartoons and Western Cartoons
D. An Excellent Way of Spreading Propaganda
Question 37: In general, Chinese cartoons are now aiming at............... .
A. illustrating the truth of Chinese great men’s famous sayings
B. bringing education to illiterate and semi-literate people in the world C. spreading the Chinese ideas and cultural values throughout the world D. disseminating traditional practices in China and throughout the world
Question 38: The word “imbalance” in paragraph 6 refers to ............ .
A. The mismatch between the East cartoons and the West cartoons
B. the influence of the East cartoons over the West cartoons
C. the dominant cultural influence of the West over the East
D. the discrimination between the West culture and the East culture
Question 39: Which of the following is most likely the traditional subject of Chinese cartoons?
A. The stories and features of the lives of great men the world over.

B. The illiterate and semi-literate people throughout China.
C. Jokes and other kinds of humour in political and social matters. D. The philosophies and sayings of ancient Chinese thinkers.
Question 40: According to the passage, which of the following is true?
A. Western cartoons always have a serious purpose. B. Cartoons will replace other forms of writing.
C. Cartoons can serve various purposes. D. Language barriers restricted cartoons.

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the rest in the position of the main stress in each of the following questions.
Question 41: A. adventure B. advantage C. advertise D. adverbial
Question 42: A. imagine B. inhabit C. continue D. disappear Question 43: A. periodic B. electric C. contagious D. suspicious Question 44: A. organism B. prevention C. attraction D. engagement Question 45: A. popularity B. politician C. documentary D. laboratory

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to show the underlined part that needs correction.
Question 46: Many(A) people have found the monotonous(B) buzzing of the vuvuzela in the
2010-World-Cup(C) matches so annoyed(D).
Question 47: In order (A)no money would be wasted(B), we had to account for(C) every penny we(D) spent.
Question 48: The team leader(A) demanded from his team members(B) a serious
attitude towards work(C), good team spirit, and that they work hard.(D)
Question 49: In my judgment, I think(A) Hem is the best(B) physicist among(C) the scientists of
the SEA region.(D)
Question 50: After analyzing the steep rise(A) in profits according to(B) your report, it was(C) convinced
that your analyses were correct.(D)

Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 51 to 60.
It’s often said that we learn things at the wrong time. University students frequently do the
minimum of work because they’re crazy about a good social life instead. Children often scream before their piano practice because it’s so boring. They have to be given gold stars and medals to be persuaded to swim, or have to be bribed to take exams. But the story is different when you’re older.
Over the years, I’ve done my share of adult learning. At 30, I went to a college and did courses in History and English. It was an amazing experience. For starters, I was paying, so there was no reason to be late – I was the one frowning and drumming my fingers if the tutor war late, not the other way round. Indeed, if I could persuade him to linger for an extra five minutes, it was a bonus, not a nuisance. I wasn’t frightened to ask questions, and homework was a pleasure not a pain. When I passed an exam, I had passed it for me and me alone, not for my parents or my teachers. The satisfaction I got was entirely personal.

Some people fear going back to school because they worry that their brains have got rusty. But the joy is that, although some parts have rusted up, your brain has learnt all kinds of other things since you were young. It has learnt to think independently and flexibly and is much better at relating one thing to another. What you lose in the rust department, you gain in the maturity department.
In some ways, age is a positive plus. For instance, when you’re older, you get less frustrated. Expericence has told you that, if you’re calm and simply do something carefully again and again, eventually you’ll get the hang of it. The confidence you have in other areas – from being able to drive a car, perhaps – means that if you can’t, say, build a chair instantly, you don’t, like a child, want to destroy your first pathetic attempts. Maturity tells you that you will, with application, eventually get there.
I hated piano lessons at school, but I was good at music. And coming back to it, with a teacher who could explain why certain exercises were useful and with musical concepts that, at the age of ten, I could never grasp, was magical. Initially, I did feel a bit strange, thumping out a piece that I’d played for my school exams, with just as little comprehension of what the composer intended as I’d had all those years before. But soon, complex emotions that I never knew poured out from my fingers, and suddenly I could understand why practice makes perfect.
Question 51: It is implied in paragraph 1 that ................. .
A. parents should encourage young learners to study more
B. young learners are usually lazy in their class
C. young learners often lack a good motivation for learning
D. teachers should give young learners less homework
Question 52: The writer’s main point in paragraph 2 is to show that as people grow up, ............... .
A. they have a more positive attitude towards learning
B. they cannot learn as well as younger learners C. they tend to learn less as they are discouraged D. they get more impatient with their teachers
Question 53: The phrase “For starters” in paragraph 2 could best be replaced by “........... ”.
A. First and foremost B. At the starting point
C. At the beginning D. For beginners
Question 54: While doing some adult learning courses at a college, the writer was surprised .............. .
A. to get on better with the tutor B. to feel learning more enjoyable
C. to have more time to learn D. to be able to learn more quickly
Question 55: In paragraph 3, the word “rusty” means ........... .
A. impatient because of having nothing to do
B. not as good as it used to be through lack of practice
C. staying alive and becoming more active
D. covered with rust and not as good as it used to be
Question 56: The phrase “get there” in paragraph 4 is closest in meaning to “ ........... ”.
A. arrive at an intended place with difficulty B. achieve your aim with hard work
C. have the things you have long desired D. receive a school or college degree
Question 57: All of the following are true about adult learning EXCEPT ........... .
A. adult learners have fewer advantages than young learners
B. adults think more independently and flexibly than young people
C. experience in doing other things can help one’s learning
D. young people usually feel less patient than adults
Question 58: It can be inferred from paragraph 4 that maturity is a positive plus in the learning process because adult learners ............. .
A. pay more attention to detail than younger learners
B. are able to organize themselves better than younger learners
C. are less worried about learning than younger learners

D. have become more patient than younger learners
Question 59: It is implied in the last paragraph that when you learn later in life, you ............ .
A. should expect to take longer to learn than when you were younger
B. can sometimes understand more than when you were younger C. are not able to concentrate as well as when you were younger D. find that you can recall a lot of things you learnt when younger
Question 60: What is the writer’s main purpose in the passage?
A. To encourage adult learning. B. To describe adult learning methods. C. To show how fast adult learning is. D. To explain reasons for learning.

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicat the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
Question 61: It is English pronunciation that puzzles me most.
A. Pronouncing English words is not complicated.
B. I was not quick at English pronunciation at school. C. Puzzling me most is how to pronounce English.
D. English pronunciation is difficult for me.
Question 62: The woman was too weak to lift the suitcase.
A. The woman wasn’t able to lift the suitcase, so she was very weak. B. The woman, though weak, could lift the suitcase.
C. So weak was the woman that she couldn’t lift the suitcase.
D. The woman shouldn’t have lifted the suitcase as she was weak.
Question 63: When I arrived, they were having dinner.
A. I came in the middle of their dinner.
B. They ate their dinner as soon as I arrived.
C. When they started having their dinner, I arrived. D. I came to their invitation to dinner.
Question 64: They couldn’t climb up mountain because of the storm.
A. The storm made it not capable of climbing up the mountain. B. Their climbing up the mountain was unable due to the storm. C. The storm made them impossible to climb up the mountain. D. The storm discouraged them from climbing up the mountain.
Question 65: Slightly more than twenty-five percent of the students in the class come from Spanish- speaking countries.
A. A considerable proportion of the students in the class are Spanish. B. Seventy-five percent of the students in the class speak Spanish.
C. The percentage of the students speaking Spanish fell by twenty-five percent. D. A small minority of the students in the class are Hispanic.
Question 66: Because they erected a barn, the cattle couldn’t get out into the wheat field.
A. They erected a barn so that the cattle, would get into the wheat field.
B. In order not to keep the cattle away from the wheat field, they erected a barn. C. They erected a barn in case the cattle couldn’t get out into the wheat field.
D. They erected a barn, and as a result, the cattle couldn’t get out into the wheat field.
Question 67: “Would you like some more beer?” he asked.
A. He asked me if I wanted some beer. B. He wanted to invite me for a glass of beer. C. He offered me some more beer. D. He asked me would I like some more beer.
Question 68: “Stop smoking or you’ll be ill,” the doctor told me.
A. I was warned against smoking a lot of cigarettes. B. The doctor suggested smoking to treat illness.
C. I was ordered not to smoke to recover from illness.

D. The doctor advised me to give up smoking to avoid illness.
Question 69: Wealthy as they were, they were far from happy.
A. They were as wealthy as they were happy. B. They were not happy as they were wealthy.
C. Even if they were wealthy, they were not unhappy. D. Although they were wealthy, they were not happy.
Question 70: “We’re having a reunion this weekend. Why don’t you come?” John said to us.
A. John cordially invited us to a reunion this weekend.
B. John simply asked us why we wouldn’t come to a reunion. C. John didn’t understand why we came to a reunion.
D. John asked us why we didn’t come to a reunion this weekend.

Read the follwing passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word for each of the blanks from 71 to 80.
Wind, water, air, ice and heat all work to cause erosion. As the wind blows over the land, it often
(71) small grains of sand. When these grains of sand strike against solid rocks, the rocks are slowly worn away. In this way, (72) very hard rocks are worn away by the wind.
When particles of rocks or soil became loosened in any way, running water carries them down the
(73) . Some rocks and soil particles are carried into streams and then into the sea.
Land that is covered with trees, grass and other plants wears away very slowly, and so loses very (74) of its soil. The roots of plants help to (75) the rocks and soil in place. Water that falls on grasslands runs away more slowly than water that falls on bare ground. Thus, forests and grasslands (76) to slow down erosion.
Even where the land is (77) covered with plants, some erosion goes on. In the spring, the(78)..... snow turns into a large quantity of water that then runs downhill in streams. (79) a stream carries away some of the soil, the stream bed gets deeper and deeper. (80)
thousands of years of such erosion, wide valleys are often formed.
Question 71: A. holds up B. cleans out C. carries out D. picks up
Question 72: A. though B. still C. even D. such
Question 73: A. backside B. hillsides C. borders D. topside
Question 74: A. large B. little C. few D. much
Question 75: A. store B. back C. stay D. hold
Question A. facilitate B. aid C. assist D. help
Question 77 A. thinly B. strongly C. thickly D. scarcely
Question 78: A. melted B. building C. melting D. formed
Question 79 A. Till B. As C. Until D. Although
Question 80: A. During B. Among C. After D. In

Đề hoàn thành nốt bài và xem đáp án : http://xemdiemthivn.com
Để xem đáp án đề thi chính thức : http://xemdapan.com